Saturday, July 4, 2009

Man hit by 100mph train

A man had a miraculous escape after he was hit by a train traveling at 100mph.

Noah Hodgkiss dropped his mobile phone while crossing a bridge and was searching for it when the Cardiff to Birmingham train hit him.

Noah who is partially sighted and hard of hearing was flung 40 yards in the air but escaped with a smashed pelvis, two broken ribs plus a fractured arm and fingers.

He told The Sun: "I was in the middle of the two tracks. Before I knew what was going on, the train was on me.

"I tried to leap out of the way but it hit me from behind. I was still conscious and as I looked around I realised I was under the bridge. I never heard the train coming because I am deaf in my right ear and the hearing aid I have for my left ear had gone flat.

"I have cataracts in my eye as well, that's why I didn't see it."

Rescue services found Noah lying by the track near his home in the village of Tibberton, Worcs.

He is expected to make a full recovery after spending three days in the Worcester Royal Hospital.

He added: "I know I have been unbelievably lucky - and I will never go anywhere near railway lines again. I'm not a hero, I'm an idiot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink to the articles should be strictly made Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License. To advertise here contact :abhishek2u@in.com